Friday, December 16

Williams replies to coal seam gasforum criticism

Williams replies to forum criticism

MEMBER for Port Macquarie, Leslie Williams said she was "very disappointed with the one sided reporting" of the Johns River forum on coal seam gas mining in Tuesday's Times.
 
"To suggest that I was not across the issue at the forum last Saturday is totally incorrect. I have spent countless hours researching this issue and have raised the issue of coal seam gas in Parliament and discussed it with resources and energy minister Chris Hartcher and with Katrina Hodgkinson, minister for primary industries," she said.
 
"I had prepared my answers to the many questions from local residents which had been forwarded prior to the forum, but unfortunately time did not permit the chair to raise them with me publicly.
 
My staff member also handed out copies of the NSW Government's Strategic Regional Lands Update which outlines details on the protection of agricultural lands, copies of the NSW Aquifer Interference Policy, as well as a fact sheet on coal seam gas.


Manning River Times

No comments:

Post a Comment